10 November 2010

My, how things have changed...

I am dedicating this blog post to how things have changed in high school since I was there. Which, for the record, was NOT long ago.

1. No cell phones--none of this texting friends in between classes thing
2. No laptops--we used old-fashioned pencils and papers to take notes
3. No such thing as Facebook--if we wanted to have friends over, we called them on our *ahem* landline phones, no events on Facebook
4. No online homework--once again, old-fashioned assignment notebooks and homework on paper.
5. Chalkboards--my teachers spent their lives writing on white boards and chalkboards. No powerpoints or promethean boards.

I'm no where near a generation ahead of high schoolers these days, and yet they are getting a completely different educational experience than I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment