31 July 2010

the park of parks

Today I went to the Park of parks. The paradise of all parks. The park that has everything any park-goer could possibly want. Pasir Ris Park runs along the river, and looks across to a smaller island belonging to Singapore. It is one of the most picturesque parks I have ever been to.

There are things to do for bikers, roller bladers, families, couples, single folk. dog walkers, kite fliers, kayakers, fishers, skateboarders, picnickers, grillers, sit-and-read-bookers, sunbathers (although, I don't think there is such a thing as an Asian sun-bather), and everything in between!

I rented a bike (~US$3.50 for 2 hours!) and cruised around the extremely smooth, extremely flat bike paths. How wonderful! In all honesty, I was scoping out the terrain so next time I can rent roller blades.

In other news, I have now know all the Thomas the Tank Engine trains by name and can sing the theme song in my sleep.

When I'm not in therapy, I'm either getting things ready for the next session (we're having them every day until school starts), helping watch the kids, walking through the neighborhood, or reading. It is most certainly a change of pace from all of my years in school. I've also been helping Mama Bear around the house, decorating and stuff. Yesterday, we put up these adorable jungle animals on the second floor landing. I'm seriously considering painting a mural around them.

Life has been pretty routine, which has actually been very good for me, I think. Stay tuned for the episode about FOOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment