07 August 2010

what is that infernal noise?!

As I sit here (inside the house), several things are accosting my ears. 1. World World (a PBS Kids show), 2. Monkey reciting World World, 3. Mouse babbling about some unknown topic, and 4. a loud, pulsating, buzzing noise that is outside, half a block away and driving me crazy! Three days, I tell you, three days of noise pollution. And no one really knows what it is or WHY it is.

I'm glad you, Reader, are captivated enough to read through the rants of my every day existence.

Obviously, I've been reading a lot, averaging a book a week at this point! Not to mention that I've been educating myself more and more about ABA. I do believe I have become a bookworm. It's about time, I missed this when I was in school! Reading what I want, when I want, and for however long I want.

I promise that I haven't just been reading, I have been making use of my life in other ways too. Therapy takes up a large chunk of my time, and has been a joyful challenge. After several supervised sessions, Dana has given her approval of how we're doing, but we both agreed that some changes needed to happen. In the last week, she has rearranged, rewritten, and revised many of Monkey's programs, as well as adding some new ones. This means that Monkey and I have tons of things to do before school starts.

And speaking of school, Mama Bear and I took the kids over to SAS (Singapore American School) yesterday to play on the playground. This was the first time that I had ever walked around inside, and it was AMAZING. The classrooms, the playgrounds, the grade common rooms, everything! I peeked inside a 3rd grade science room and it was decorated like a jungle with vines and animals hanging from the ceiling. I would go back to grade school if it meant that I could to this school. They even have a rooftop playground that has a tent like covering over it so that the kids can even play outside when it rains.

Needless to say, Monkey will be in good hands, and I will be finding excuses to go and visit his kindergarten class.

No comments:

Post a Comment