17 September 2010

It's a small small world.

I would just like to point out what a small world we live in. Last night I had dinner with a friend from church. She is Singaporean but spent 4 years in Minnesota going to school at Macalester--she lived less than two miles away from me for 3 years. Last year she moved back to Singapore with her new husband--a native Minnesotan who grew up in Eagan and went to high school at the Zoo School (School of Environmental Studies on MN Zoo property). I finally got to meet him last night and we got to talk about life in Minnesota, dealing with Singapore, and Twins baseball. Crazy, right?

After dinner last night, I got a call from a friend who had been called by a friend who had been called by a friend who needed a last minute babysitter today (I hope you followed that chain of events...). I was free this morning and so I took the job. Shortly into a chat with the mom, we figured out that they flew to Singapore on the same flight that I had flown on: July 4th, Houston-Moscow-Singapore. That and they know some of my neighbors and go to the same church that Amy and Izzy have been going to.

All the connections here are starting to freak me out just a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment